Are you looking for new ways to save time? Check out our online services available through your secure my Social Security account. We have lots to offer you online whether you receive benefits from Social Security or not.
If you do not currently receive benefits, you can:
• Request a replacement Social Security card.
• Review your earnings history and see an estimate of your future Social Security benefits.
• Compare benefit amounts depending on what age you start receiving benefits.
• Apply for retirement benefits when you are ready.
• Check the status of your Social Security application.
If you already receive benefits, you can:
• Get a benefit verification or proof of income letter.
• Request a replacement Social Security or Medicare card.
• Set up or change direct deposit.
• Change your address.
• Get a replacement Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099).
• Opt-out of certain mailed notices.
Your personal my Social Security account includes a secure Message Center where you can receive sensitive communications. For example, you can view your annual cost-of-living adjustments before you would normally receive them in the mail. You will receive both mailed and online notices unless you opt-out of receiving notices by mail that are available online.
We designed these online features to save you time. Create your personal my Social Security account today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
We offer many other online resources at www.ssa.gov/onlineservices. Please let friends and family know they can access them from the comfort of their home or office, and on the go from their mobile phones.
Daniel Damceski is the Staff Assistant / State Liaison for Central Ohio. You can write him c/o Social Security Administration, 200 N. High St., Columbus OH 43215 or via email at email@example.com