Monday, Oct. 7, 2019 is the last day for voter registration for the Nov. 5, 2019 General Election. The Perry County Board of Elections will be open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. on that day for voter registration purposes.
You are qualified to register and to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
• You are a citizen of the United States;
• You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the next general election.
• You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
• You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state, or the United States;
• You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court; and
• You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violating the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections held in your voting precinct 30 days after you are duly registered to vote in this state. You may request an absentee ballot during that 30 day period.
You may register to vote in person or by mail. You may also ask a county board of elections to mail a registration form to you. If you have Internet access, you may download a form from the Secretary of State’s Web site: http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/elections/Voters.aspx or https://sites.google.com/site/perrycountyelections. You may also check your voter information by performing a search on the Secretary of State’s website: http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/elections/Voters.aspx or at the Perry County Board of Elections website https://sites.google.com/site/perrycountyelections. If the search does not return your information, please contact your county board of elections to check on the status of your registration. You should perform this kind of search before the deadline to register to vote so that in the event that the board of elections did not receive your information, or if it is not accurate, you have time to submit a new form before the deadline.
You may obtain a voter registration application, and register to vote, in person at any of the following locations:
• The office of the Secretary of State;
• The office of any of the 88 county boards of elections;
• The office of the registrar or any deputy registrar of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles;
• Public libraries;
• Public high school or vocational schools;
• County treasurer’s offices; or
• Offices of designated agencies, including:
• The Department of Job and Family Services;
• The Department of Health (including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program;
• The Department of Mental Health;
• The Department of Developmental Disabilities;
• The Rehabilitation Services Commission; or
• The office of any state-assisted college or university responsible for providing assistance to disabled students.
When registering to vote, you must provide your name, current residential address for voting purposes, mailing address, date of birth, signature and a qualifying form of identification.
If you are an Ohio voter who has moved within this state and/or changed your name, you must report this change. You may obtain a change of residence and/or name form from the offices listed above. You may also change your address online at http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/elections/Voters.aspx or https://sites.google.com/site/perrycountyelections.
If you have questions, please contact the Perry County Board of Elections at 740-342-2134. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. — 4 p.m.