Judge Luann Cooperrider
• Judge Cooperrider held review hearings for the youths currently placed in residential treatment facilities. All youths and their treatment goals were reviewed. The families are court-ordered to participate in their child’s treatment, and given counseling for additional issues.
• Judge Cooperrider heard six Children Services cases. Two children were placed in a kinship care placement and four children were placed into foster care, All parents were ordered into drug and alcohol treatment and mental health counseling. Supervised visitation was ordered.
• A 16-year-old Thornville boy was charged with a probation violation for failure to pass drug tests. Judge Cooperrider ordered the boy into residential drug and alcohol treatment, and ordered his parent to participate in treatment with the child.
• A 14-year-old Somerset boy was charged with unruliness by truancy. He was ordered to pay court costs and to attend counseling with the Perry Behavioral Health Agency at Alpha.
• A 17-year-old from New Lexington was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. The youth was ordered to pay court costs; their driver’s license was suspended until they successfully complete a treatment program; they must attend counseling and complete a theft program; and they were placed in the Youth Family Services program.
• A 17-year-old New Lexington boy was charged with possession of marijuana and was fined $150 plus court costs; his driver’s license was suspended until age 18; and he was ordered to complete the Choices program.
• A 16-year-old Crooksville boy was charged with unruliness and ordered to pay court costs, and continue counseling with the Perry Behavioral Health Choices program.